So, I haven’t gotten around to doing it until now but here it is… My Reading Habits Q&A… (I guess that makes me a joiner. I hope that doesn’t make me a lemur. Because if you’re jumping off a cliff I’m not following… I swear… Really.)
1. Do you have a certain place in your home for reading?
Anywhere I can go that’s both quiet and comfortable when I have my nose buried in a book that isn’t followed by an interruption or a question of: “watcha doin?”
I’m shaving a cat, what does it look like?
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Bookmarks, stickies, ribbons, ultra-thin book thongs… paper is bad for your books.
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop read after a chapter / certain number of pages?
I’m in it for the marathon. I hate having to set a book down. If the house is on fire I don’t want to be bothered until I’m finished.
4. Do you eat or drink while read?
My books are often accompanied by coffee, carefully savored a safe distance from my slippery fingers.
5. Multitasking: music or TV while reading?
Depends on my mood at the time but I can manage both. However once I’m absorbed into a book I rarely notice anything outside of what’s being played in my head.
6. One book at a time or several at once?
The insanity of my TBR pile requires multiple books being juggled and read at the same time.
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Forget finding your keys, which book am I going to take? I don’t leave the house without a book or my digital reader in my hand. Its not done.
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
I read silently and to myself, sharing steam scenes in public from the erotic romance novels I often read would likely result in me being locked away.
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
The only time I’m guilty of jumping is either when I’m bored, something is too repetitious or there’s an issue I’m having with the author losing their focus.
10. Barking the spine or keeping it like new?
I generally like to keep my books like new if I can help it, unfortunately I tend to buy a lot of used books that have been… stretched to their limits.
11. Do you write in your books?
Are you insane?
And so concludes my Reading Habits Q&A
You can find BL’s Q&A post as well as some of the other BL members answers here.